The scope of applications for Antel PoolCoat System 10 is extensive and it can be used virtually anywhere that concrete, masonry or fibreglass requires protection or waterproofing. Not suitable for application to butyl liners.
Supplied as a ‘pack’:
2 x 5 litres of colour and 1 x 3 kg of clear top coat.
Depending on the substrate, coverage is approximately 35 square metres per 5 litres on a non porous, smooth surface. With rougher and more porous surfaces the coverage is reduced.
5. INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
THE PERFORMANCE OF THE COATING CAN BE SERIOUSLY IMPAIRED IF THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT STRICTLY ADHERED TO
Do not apply in temperatures below 10 °C/50 °F and ensure there is at least a 4 hour weather window. We do not recommend application late in the day, due to dropping temperatures and increased humidity.
PoolCoat System 10 can be applied in mildly damp conditions but will not tolerate standing water.
Although PoolCoat System 10 will overcoat most other finishes and paints, the best results are achieved when surfaces are clean and free of other finishes/coatings. If applying over an existing coating or to a non-porous surface, mechanically sand the area to create a key.
All surfaces should be dry, mildly damp or at least not subject to running water. Particular attention should be made to degreasing surfaces before application. All voids and surface imperfections must be carefully filled.
Clean the surface you will be applying the PoolCoat System 10 to. If there are any leaks, these should be repaired with Antel Waterstop or Antel Epoxy Putty before applying the PoolCoat System 10. If unsure, please contact us for technical advice.
For shallow areas and steps where you require a non-slip surface, we recommend adding our Clear Anti-Slip Beads. 1 pot of beads is enough to make 3 kg of clear coat anti-slip. Simply mix the appropriate amount of beads into the clear coat and roller on.
PoolCoat System 10 can be applied to fibreglass but it’s important the surface is mechanically sanded to provide a key.
For pools with a rough substrate or pools containing salt water/subject to particularly harsh chemicals or conditions, we recommend a second clear coat for maximum longevity.
The pot life is approximately 1.5 hours. This is based on a temperature of 20 °C/68 °F. If you are applying the coating in higher temperatures, the pot life may be reduced. The material will become unworkable once outside of this pot life.
Once mixed, it is only possible to apply a single coat. Do not attempt to return to the mix to apply a second coat.
Once application is complete please wait 4-5 days before refilling your pool. If the average temperatures has been over 20 °C then this can be reduced to 3 days.
For simplicity we would recommend using a separate pack of X for each coat, however if you would like to use one pack for both coats, you will need to accurately divide the A and B packs proportionately using digital scales.
1. Mix the A Pack thoroughly.
2. Mix the B Pack thoroughly.
3. Pour the contents of the B Pack into the larger A Pack.
4. Mix again thoroughly (ideally with a mixer paddle) for a minimum of three minutes, so that the two components are completely mixed.
5. Pour into at least one roller tray to maintain pot life.
6. Start application immediately.
5.3. APPLICATION STEPS
1. Apply the first coat by medium pile roller or brush.
2. Wait 24 hours before applying the second coat. Reduced time between coats maybe possible, but it’s very important to seek technical advice from Antel before attempting this.
3. Within a maximum period of 48 hours, apply the second coat.
4. Wait 24 hours before applying the final clear coat. Reduced time between coats maybe possible, but it’s very important to seek technical advice from Antel before attempting this.
5. Within a maximum period of 48 hours, apply the clear coat using a foam roller.