Fast Set Solvent Free Epoxy Coating
Fast Set Solvent Free Epoxy Coating
Antel Epoxy Solvent Free Coating provides a high quality coating which can be used to new and old concrete flooring. Provides a professional finish which is resistant to wear, abrasion and chemicals.
Fast Set Solvent Free Coating
Antel's Epoxy Solvent Free Coating Fast Set is a high quality high build two component solvent free epoxy coating for application to new and existing concrete floors, render, and metal substrates. It provides a smooth, easily cleaned surface which is resistant to dirt, moisture, oil, light-medium abrasion and chemical attack. It is formulation enhanced by the use of a fast acting hardener that can cure at lower temperatures compared to standard amine hardeners.
2. FEATURES, BENEFITS
• High build—200 µm per coat
• Cures at very low temperatures – down to 0oC
• Superb adhesion to concrete
• Good early strength characteristics
• Dustproof and waterproof
• Good chemical resistance.
• Impermeable to water and other liquids.
• Good resistance to heavy traffic
• Provides a closed hygienic surface
• Can be made non-slip
• Decorative finish
• Excellent water spot and blush resistance
• Factory floors
• Food/hygiene e.g. Abattoirs,/milking parlours
• Car plants
• Metal Substrates
4. TECHNICAL DATA (25oC)
Pot life 25 minutes
Application thickness 200-225 µm per coat
Initial cure 4-6 hours
Pedestrian traffic 16 hours
Heavy traffic 24 hours
4.1. Chemical Resistance
Sulphuric Acid 30% Excellent
Sodium Hydroxide 25% Excellent
Engine Oil Excellent
Lactic Acid 25% Good
Ammonia Solution 25% Good
Citric Acid 25% Excellent
Sugar Solution 40% Excellent
Hydrochloric Acid 30% Excellent
5. INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
THE PERFORMANCE OF THE COATING CAN BE SERIOUSLY IMPAIRED IF THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT STRICTLY ADHERED TO
Do not apply in temperatures below 10 °C/50 °F and ensure there is at least a 4 hour weather window. We do not recommend application late in the day, due to dropping temperatures and increased humidity.
Although Fast Set Solvent Free Epoxy Coating will overcoat most other finishes and paints, the best results are achieved when surfaces are clean and free of other finishes/coatings. If applying over an existing coating or to a non-porous surface, mechanically sand the area to create a key.
All surfaces should be dry. Particular attention should be made to degreasing surfaces before application. All voids and surface imperfections must be carefully filled.
Clean the surface you will be applying the Fast Set Solvent Free Epoxy Coating to. If there are any leaks, these should be repaired with Antel Waterstop or Antel Epoxy Putty before applying the Fast Set Solvent Free Epoxy Coating. If unsure, please contact us for technical advice.
The pot life is approximately 25 minutes. This is based on a temperature of 20 °C/68 °F. If you are applying the coating in higher temperatures, the pot life may be reduced. The material will become unworkable once outside of this pot life.
Once mixed, it is only possible to apply a single coat. Do not attempt to return to the mix to apply a second coat.
For simplicity we would recommend using a separate pack of Fast Set Solvent Free Epoxy Coating for each coat, however if you would like to use one pack for both coats, you will need to accurately divide the A and B packs proportionately using digital scales.
1. Mix the A Pack thoroughly.
2. Mix the B Pack thoroughly.
3. Pour the contents of the B Pack into the larger A Pack.
4. Mix again thoroughly (ideally with a mixer paddle) for a minimum of three minutes, so that the two components are completely mixed.
5. Pour into at least one roller tray to maintain pot life.
6. Start application immediately.
5.3. APPLICATION STEPS
1. Apply the first coat by short pile roller or brush.
2. Wait at least 4-6 hours before applying the second coat. Reduced time between coats maybe possible, but it’s very important to seek technical advice from Antel before attempting this.
3. Within a maximum period of 24 hours, apply the second coat.
6. PACKAGING AND COVERAGE
Antel's Epoxy Solvent Free Coating Fast Set is available in 5 Kg packs. Coverage is 25m2/5Kgs
Brushes and mixing equipment should be cleaned with Antel's Standard Epoxy Cleaning Solvent.
Store in a dry, cool, and frost free place in their original containers.