Antel Epoxy Floor Paint Heavy Duty provides a high quality, solvent free coating, which can be used on new and old concrete flooring. Provides a professional finish which is resistant to wear, abrasion and chemicals. Perfect for garages and factory floors.
Anti-Slip Flooring Non-Slip Aggregate can be added between coats to create an anti-slip surface. Approx 5kg of aggregate is usually required per 30 squared metres and can be purchased here.
Antel’s Epoxy Floor Paint Heavy Duty is a high quality high build two component solvent free epoxy coating for application to new and existing concrete floors. It provides a smooth, easily cleaned surface which is resistant to dirt, moisture, oil, abrasion and chemical attack.
2. FEATURES, BENEFITS
High build—200 µm per coat Superb adhesion to concrete Good early strength characteristics Dustproof and waterproof Good chemical resistance. Impermeable to water and other liquids. Good resistance to heavy traffic Provides a closed hygienic surface Can be made non-slip Decorative finish Good water spot and blush resistance
- Factory floors - Abattoirs/milking parlours - Commercial kitchen floors - Car plant floors - Showroom floors - Garage floors - Warehouse floors - Coating GRP in the marine industry - Coating metals - Areas requiring chemical and acid resistance
4. TECHNICAL DATA
Pot life 45 minutes Application thickness 200-225 µm per coat Initial cure 6-8 hours Pedestrian traffic 24 hours Heavy traffic 36 hours
THE PERFORMANCE OF THE COATING CAN BE SERIOUSLY IMPAIRED IF THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT STRICTLY ADHERED TO
Do not apply in temperatures below 10 °C/50 °F and ensure there is at least a 4 hour weather window. We do not recommend application late in the day, due to dropping temperatures and increased humidity.
Although Epoxy Floor Paint Heavy Duty will overcoat most other finishes and paints, the best results are achieved when surfaces are clean and free of other finishes/coatings. If applying over an existing coating or to a non-porous surface, mechanically sand the area to create a key.
All surfaces should be dry. Particular attention should be made to degreasing surfaces before application. All voids and surface imperfections must be carefully filled.
Clean the surface you will be applying the Epoxy Floor Paint Heavy Duty to. If there are any leaks, these should be repaired with Antel Waterstop or Antel Epoxy Putty before applying the Epoxy Floor Paint Heavy Duty. If unsure, please contact us for technical advice.
The pot life is approximately 45 minutes. This is based on a temperature of 20 °C/68 °F. If you are applying the coating in higher temperatures, the pot life may be reduced. The material will become unworkable once outside of this pot life.
Once mixed, it is only possible to apply a single coat. Do not attempt to return to the mix to apply a second coat.
For simplicity we would recommend using a separate pack of Epoxy Floor Paint Heavy Duty for each coat, however if you would like to use one pack for both coats, you will need to accurately divide the A and B packs proportionately using digital scales.
1. Mix the A Pack thoroughly.
2. Mix the B Pack thoroughly.
3. Pour the contents of the B Pack into the larger A Pack.
4. Mix again thoroughly (ideally with a mixer paddle) for a minimum of three minutes, so that the two components are completely mixed.
5. Pour into at least one roller tray to maintain pot life.
6. Start application immediately.
5.3. APPLICATION STEPS
1. Apply the first coat by short pile roller or brush.
2. Wait 24 hours before applying the second coat. Reduced time between coats maybe possible, but it’s very important to seek technical advice from Antel before attempting this.
3. Within a maximum period of 48 hours, apply the second coat.
6. PACKAGING AND COVERAGE Antel’s Epoxy Floor Paint Heavy Duty is available in 1kg, 2.5kg and 5kg packs. Coverage is 15-20m2/5kg.
7. CLEANING Brushes and mixing equipment should be cleaned with Antel’s Standard Cleaning Solvent.
Store in a dry, cool, and frost free place in their original containers. Shelf life – 12 months in above condition