Epoxy Floor Paint - Concrete Floor Paint - Epoxy Flooring
Antel Water Based Epoxy Floor Paint is a two pack pigmented floor paint recommended for use over high alumina concrete and other fresh concrete and alkaline surfaces such as chalk, marble and limestone chips. The product is ideal for use as a garage floor coating.
Offices, factories, abattoirs, concrete floors etc.
1 litre, 2.5 litre and 5 litre cans.
White, Black, Dark Blue, Mid Blue, Aqua, York Stone, Cotswold Stone, Bath Stone, Green, Dark Grey, Light Grey, Red, Terracotta, Turquoise, Magnolia and Clear.
Specific colours can be supplied upon request.
5. USAGE RATE
Every litre of Water Based Epoxy Floor Paint will cover approximately 6-7 squared metres (based on a non porous, smooth surface), however this will vary depending on how thickly you apply the material and also how porous the surface is.
If you are unsure on the porosity of the surface, we recommend you buy a little more than you think you will need to ensure you don’t run out part way through the application.
6. SHELF LIFE
12 months in sealed container.
7. INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
THE PERFORMANCE OF THE COATING CAN BE SERIOUSLY IMPAIRED IF THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT STRICTLY ADHERED TO
Do not apply in temperatures below 10 °C/50 °F and ensure there is at least a 4 hour weather window. We do not recommend application late in the day, due to dropping temperatures and increased humidity.
Water Based Epoxy Floor Paint can be applied in mildly damp conditions but will not tolerate standing water.
Although Water Based Epoxy Floor Paint will overcoat most other finishes and paints, the best results are achieved when surfaces are clean and free of other finishes/coatings. If applying over an existing coating or to a non-porous surface, mechanically sand the area to create a key.
All surfaces should be dry, mildly damp or at least not subject to running water. Particular attention should be made to degreasing surfaces before application. All voids and surface imperfections must be carefully filled.
Clean the surface you will be applying the Water Based Epoxy Floor Paint to. If there are any leaks, these should be repaired with Antel Waterstop or Antel Epoxy Putty before applying the Water Based Epoxy Coating. If unsure, please contact us for technical advice.
The pot life is approximately 1.5 hours. This is based on a temperature of 20 °C/68 °F. If you are applying the coating in higher temperatures, the pot life may be reduced. The material will become unworkable once outside of this pot life.
Once mixed, it is only possible to apply a single coat. Do not attempt to return to the mix to apply a second coat.
For simplicity we would recommend using a separate pack of Water Based Epoxy Floor Paint for each coat, however if you would like to use one pack for both coats, you will need to accurately divide the A and B packs proportionately using digital scales.
1. Mix the A Pack thoroughly.
2. Mix the B Pack thoroughly.
3. Pour the contents of the B Pack into the larger A Pack.
4. Mix again thoroughly (ideally with a mixer paddle) for a minimum of three minutes, so that the two components are completely mixed.
5. Pour into at least one roller tray to maintain pot life.
6. Start application immediately.
7.3. APPLICATION STEPS
1. Apply the first coat by medium pile roller or brush. Do not apply too thickly, as this may affect the curing process. This is particularly important for Waterbased Epoxy Floor Paint Clear where thick application may result in a milky appearance.
2. Wait 24 hours before applying the second coat. Reduced time between coats maybe possible, but it’s very important to seek technical advice from Antel before attempting this.
3. Within a maximum period of 48 hours, apply the second coat.
Tack Free full Cure
at 20°C 65% RH 8 hours 3 days
at 8°C, 65% RH 24 hours 7 days
Pot life at 20°C 1.5 hours
Pot life at 10°C 2.5 hours
9. CLEANING TOOLS
Clean tools immediately after use with clean water.
10. TYPICAL PERFORMANCE PROPERTIES
Taber abrasion Index (Mg) 20 per 1000 cycles.
Resistant to most dilute alkali systems e.g. 10% Sodium Hydroxide but has limited resistance to acidic attack e.g. Hydrochloric Acid.
Resistance to vehicular traffic - Good. Resistance to pedestrian traffic - Excellent.