Antel A1 Pond Paint is an easy to use (fish friendly) water based pond sealant which can be applied to practically any surface. Our high quality, quick drying system will help to protect and prolong the life of your pond, giving it a clean and professional look. It is also resistant to many chemicals, oils and is non toxic.
|8||£ 17.47||Up to £ 19.06|
|5||£ 17.87||Up to £ 9.92|
|3||£ 18.26||Up to £ 4.76|
|2||£ 18.86||Up to £ 1.99|
Antel A1 Pond Paint is a universal water based epoxy resin coating, designed for easy and safe application.
A1 Pond Paint possesses most of the properties of conventional epoxy resins with many additional advantages, particularly its tolerance of damp application conditions. It is applied in the same manner as ordinary emulsion paint and dries quickly to form a tough, easily cleaned coating, providing a waterproof barrier. The coating is non toxic, resistant to oil, and most mild chemicals. Subsequent over coating can be carried out after the original surface has been thoroughly degreased and cleaned.
The scope of applications for A1 Pond Paint is extensive and it can be used virtually anywhere that concrete or masonry requires protection or waterproofing.
A two part product available in 1, 2.5 and 5 litres. Non- returnable containers.
Store in a cool, dry and frost free area in original containers. Protect from freezing. Keep out of the reach of children. A shelf life in excess of 12 months can be expected for unopened containers kept in the above conditions.
5. DRYING & CURING
At 20 °C, and with reasonable ventilation, the coating is touch dry in 6 hours and hard dry in 12 hours. Maximum cure, hardness and chemical resistance is obtained within 7 days.
Every litre of pond paint will cover approximately 6-7 squared metres (based on a non porous, smooth surface), however this will vary depending on how thickly you apply the material and also how porous the surface is.
If you are unsure on the porosity of the surface, we recommend you buy a little more than you think you will need to ensure you don’t run out of paint part way through the application.
7. CLEANING EQUIPMENT
When using spray equipment a thorough rinsing with cold water every hour will prevent a build up of cured material. Brushes and rollers should be washed with cold water and detergent and rinsed thoroughly in cold water.
Clean your pond to ensure a sound surface for the A1 Pond Paint to be applied to. If there are any leaks, these should be repaired with Antel Waterstop, Antel Epoxy Putty or Antel SBR Bonding Agent before applying the A1 Pond Paint. If unsure, please contact us for technical advice.
All voids and surface imperfections must be carefully filled, especially when using Antel A1 Pond Paint Clear. (See note Ref 1).
A1 Pond Paint can be applied to fibreglass after mechanically sanding the surface.
Do not use any PVA coating on the substrate prior to application, as this will result in the paint peeling off.
We do not recommend splitting packs into smaller quantities.
1. Stir the contents of the larger tin marked 'A Pack'.
2. Pour the entire contents of the smaller container, marked 'B Pack' into the larger container making sure to scrape out as much as possible.
3. Mix thoroughly, using a drill and paddle. Once combined, mix for a further 2-3 minutes to ensure complete uniformity.
4. Pour into at least one roller tray to maintain pot life and dissipate heat.
The coating is now ready to apply immediately to the preparedareas.
8.2 APPLICATION STEPS
- Do not apply in temperatures below 10 °C.
- Ensure there are at least 2 days of dry weather before starting application, as it’s important the coating stays dry, particularly for the first 24 hours.
- Mid morning is generally the best time to apply each coat. The longer the paint has been applied before dew point, the higher the strength of the bond between the coating and the substrate.
- Application in mildly damp conditions is possible, but the product will not tolerate standing water.
- The pot life for this coating is 1.5 hours at 20°C. Warmer temperatures will reduce the pot life of the coating, which is why we recommend application takes place mid-morning.
- Cease to apply the coating when application feels 'sticky' and/or the coating does not apply evenly.
- Once mixed, it is only possible to apply a single coat. Do not attempt to return to the mix to apply a second coat.
1. Apply the first coat by brush, roller or spray. Wait a full 24 hours before applying the next coat.
2. Apply the second coat of A1 Pond Paint.
3.After applying the second coat, wait 4-6 days (depending on temperature) before refilling your pond.
9. HEALTH & SAFETY
A1 Pond Paint is much safer to handle than other resin systems, however it is recommended that all skin contact is avoided and that any areas of contact are washed immediately with soap and warm water. It is advisable to use a barrier cream and gloves when applying.
FOR FULL DETAILS PLEASE REFER TO HEALTH & SAFETY DATA SHEET.
NOTE REF 1
Antel A1 Pond Paint – Clear
With the formulation of the emulsion the mixture will take on a milky colour. This milkiness will gradually disappear during the curing cycle provided that the coating is not too thickly applied nor allowed to fill holes in the surface area of the application. If either of these situations does occur the milkiness will not disappear. All voids or surface imperfections must be carefully filled prior to any application of Clear A1 Pond Paint.
Antel A1 Pond Paint is available in a variety of colours. Please enquire for details.