- Do not apply in temperatures below 10 °C.
- Ensure there are at least 3 days of dry weather before starting application, as it’s important the coating stays dry, particularly for the first 24 hours.
- Mid morning is generally the best time to apply each coat. The longer the paint has been applied before dew point, the higher the strength of the bond between the coating and the substrate.
- Application in mildly damp conditions is possible, but the product will not tolerate standing water.
- The pot life for this coating is 1.5 hours at 20°C. Warmer temperatures will reduce the pot life of the coating, which is why we recommend application takes place mid- morning.
- Cease to apply the coating when application feels 'sticky' and/or the coating does not apply evenly.
- Once mixed, it is only possible to apply a single coat. Do not attempt to return to the mix to apply a second coat.
- Take special care to mix the correct ‘A’ & ‘B’ Packs.
- Be aware that the 3rd Clear Sealer Coat has a shorter pot life.
- Use a Plum Line When Applying the Clear Coat; this will ensure you don’t miss any spots, which could lead to discolouration caused by inadequate UV protection.
- Apply the clear coat using a FOAM ROLLER. Apply sparingly. Do not over load the roller. Application in this way will ensure there are no paint ‘runs’ and full area/coverage is achieved. It cannot be sprayed.
- A three coat system is adequate for all but the most porous surfaces. In the case of a very porous substrate, a first priming coat of Antel PoolCoat System 10 Primer should be used followed by 2 coloured coats and 1 sealer coat.
1. Apply the first coat by brush, roller (medium pile emulsion) or spray. Wait a full 24 hours before applying the next coat.
2. Apply the second coat of PoolCoat System 10. Wait a full 24 hours before applying the final clear sealer coat.
3. Apply the clear coat by roller (low thickness foam).
4. After applying the final coat, wait 3-7 days (depending on temperature) before refilling your pool.